22 November 2010

Vista Lights!!


Last Thursday Farmer Roy and I took the Little Princess out to downtown Columbia for Vista Lights. On the way there, we realized this is the 4th year in a row that we have took part in the festivities. For me this always feels like a kick off to the holiday season.

Here I am with the little one right after the Mayor helped light the Christmas tree. Madelyn was a little too preoccupied with all the people fluttering around her, but she did eventually notice the tree.

We enjoyed walking around looking about, but we were a little bummed to see that Cloud 9 was closing down. Cloud 9 always had the cutest little kitchen accessories. It was great to see everywhere so crowded and everyone out to support their community.

As we have done every year since we've been going, we ate dinner at Motor Supply our favorite restaurant in all of Columbia. I love that the Chef Tim changes up his menu nightly. He usually keeps the same proteins, but always prepares them in new ways. I ended up selecting the duck and it was delicious. Madelyn really seemed to enjoy it as well.

I always enjoying doing little things like this as a family. Madelyn is such an entertainer these days and seems to love being in big crowds. She likes to announce her presence loudly and it always just makes me smile.

I'm so ready for the Holidays to be here and can't believe it's already Thanksgiving week. My whole family is coming over for dinner to celebrate, and I can't wait!!

The Tucker clan rolled into SC yesterday and I can't wait to see my older nephews. They are growing up way to fast and quickly becoming little teenagers. My bro and his wife will also be here with the newest little addition to the family. Nate and Maddie will be sharing their first Thanksgiving together. Too bad Nate can't have any of the yummy turkey this year.

Well I hope everyone has a fun filled week! Happy Early Thanksgiving from the farm!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...