This winter has been so cold here this year in the South and this soup recipe has been one of my go to recipes.
Ummmm....doesn't it look yummy? I mean the soup, not the wine teasing this preggo lady that's hanging around in the background.
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 3 1/2 lbs)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 (14-ounce) cans of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream or half & half
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream (optional)
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled (I often use bacon pieces you can buy in the salad section)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the potatoes, onion, garlic, broth, butter, salt and pepper in a 5-quart or large crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash the mixture until the potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup in slightly thickened.
- Stir in cream, cheese and chives.
- Top with sour cream, if desired and sprinkle with bacon and cheddar cheese before serving.
Now for what's on the menu this week.....
- 2/14 Monday - Going out for a Valentine's Day meal with the hubby
- 2/15 Tuesday - Taco Night at the Farm with Spanish rice and beans
- 2/16 Wednesday - Chicken Leg Quarters in the crock pot, potatoes and broccoli
- 2/17 Thursday - Spaghetti, Garlic Bread and Salad
- 2/18 Friday - Chicken Pot Pie
- 2/19 Saturday - Leftovers
- 2/20 Sunday - Farmer Roy's Choice
Hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day!! As always linking up over at the Organizing Junkie.